Sunday, February 25, 2007

image essay



ON WAR
When I first time saw this picture; it gave me a great impression, which I remembered as long as I live. Everyone wished have a happy and satisfactory life, but who can guarantees? I did not know; I just wanted the war was over now. This was a human tragedy. The old man wore dark blue clothes and the grey-bearded on his face. He found out his granddaughter in a pile of died people, and he holed the little girl in his heart tightly. He looked at his granddaughter with sorrowful expression, and he could not believe he had lost his beloved. The little girl had died. She quietly lied in her grandpa’s heart; her eyes were close, and the blood was all over her body; her hair is so disheveled and dirty. The bomb had truncated her right leg and burned her clothes; the blood dropped from her cutting leg. From the picture we could guess her age about ten year. Why she had died? The little girl was killed in the day time, who could killed the people in the light of the day? I did like to answer.

In side the picture, there were a lot of people lied on the floor without shoes. They were piled together at the side of the light yellow building. Behind the old man; a woman was looking for her family in the pile of died people, who wore dark black clothes. This picture represented what was war, and the mean of the war. At the end I wanted to ask anyone “is the war ever necessary?” please give me an answer.

1 comment:

davidkk said...

Death is definitely not necessary. I guess war has its benefits. By sending people to war, Unemployment goes down, a sense of patriotism goes up, and revolution may shape a country into something more. But, for that, people die and families are broken up by death. I don't think it's worth it, but who am I to speak?

it's especially heartbreaking to see a young person die. They had so much potential and so much to live; who knows? perhaps that little girl could have grown up to be a doctor that finds a treatment to cancer, or a great political leader that stops future deaths through war. Because of war, I guess we'll never find out.