

The Denver Mint Reading Series is presented by Copper Nickel, CU-Denver Live!, and the UCDHSC Writing Center, with support from the UCDHSC Department of English as a means of circulating to the local, regional, and national community American literature's new coins. I think it was a nice time to listen this poem reading at 8 PM on Monday night in room 440 of the Tivoli Student Union on the Auraria Higher Education Center, but I did not think this was a good reading poem for us because I could not understand as well, and Danielle Dutton read too fast, Stephanie Young read in a low voice. First Joshua introduced the readers Danielle and Stephanie to the audiences. Joshua tried to make some Jokes to the audiences, but I thought their jokes were not funny because the audiences were not laughing. Any way I thought Joshua has done his best, and his speech could win the applause of the audiences. The best job he did that he introduced the reading information for audiences, and we had time to prepare this reading and we knew what is going on. We knew what we need to write down.
The first reader is Danielle Dutton, who teaches fiction writ
ing at Naropa University in Boulder. First Dutton read the poem “20 century pastoral”, but I was not sure this title is right or wrong because she read too fast. From the context we know this poem describe the nice pastoral life. The second poem is “Jane-fast and yet on to the point”, and it was a funny poem. Below is my suggestion for Dutton: I thought she can read the poem slowly by her heart that the audience can understand well. I thought she can introduce the poem to the audience before her reading, which can make her reading better. My reflection on her reading is that her reading is little boring because she did not read the poem by her hear. I thought she need make a strong sound and read it slowly on the important part or interesting part. Her reading style was easy to confuse her audiences, however, I thought some audiences would like her reading.

The first reader is Danielle Dutton, who teaches fiction writ
ing at Naropa University in Boulder. First Dutton read the poem “20 century pastoral”, but I was not sure this title is right or wrong because she read too fast. From the context we know this poem describe the nice pastoral life. The second poem is “Jane-fast and yet on to the point”, and it was a funny poem. Below is my suggestion for Dutton: I thought she can read the poem slowly by her heart that the audience can understand well. I thought she can introduce the poem to the audience before her reading, which can make her reading better. My reflection on her reading is that her reading is little boring because she did not read the poem by her hear. I thought she need make a strong sound and read it slowly on the important part or interesting part. Her reading style was easy to confuse her audiences, however, I thought some audiences would like her reading.
The second reader was Stephanie Young, and she was last reader in this reading meeting, whose book of poem is Telling The Future Off. The interesting was that her reading style was completely different with Danielle’s reading style. She read the poem “come on gray, but here stand up”, and this poem ideal was from china. She read the poem very slowly, but I did not really like this poem because there were many repetitions in this poem. May be it was a new writing style in America, but it was not a new writing style in China because this style was use in the Chinese old poem. Any way it was a good poem.

No comments:
Post a Comment